Here are are a few ideas to give some spooky chills, cozy reading, and DNA investigation to the favorite true-crime afficiando in your life! Murderinos everywhere can curl up with the following gifts (but maybe keep the lights on…)
- A must-have for every Georgia and Karen fan. Their book Stay Sexy & Don’t Get Murdered: The Definitive How-To Guide is a hilarious behind the scenes of their successful podcast, with fascinating autobiographical tales that are both funny and sobering.
- Pour your favorite beverage into this Stay Sexy Don’t Get Murdered Wine Tumbler.
- Journalist Michelle McNamara’s beautiful I’ll Be Gone In The Dark, about her hunt for the Golden State Killer details his horrific crimes across California. Publishing posthumously after her tragic death, the Golden State Killer was caught using groundbreaking genetic genealogy just two months after her book was released.
- Discover some mysteries from your own past by taking a genetic genealogy test through Ancestry DNA, 23andMe, MyHeritage, or FamilyTreeDNA.
- Once you have have your DNA results, analyze them to their full potential with Blaine Bettinger’s The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy.
- “Evidence” Pouch. A cute little pouch or purse to take your important evidence to lab, or a night on the town!
- Master Detective Toolkit. Great for kids or a silly game night.
- Do One Thing Everyday That Scares You. A daily journal to challenge yourself!
- Unwind with a podcast or favorite novel in the tub with this awesome Organic Bath Bomb Gift Set.
- Folklorist Michael Bell has documented over 100 cases of a desperate folk medicine belief in early New England – exhuming the bodies of dead loved ones due to the superstitious suspicion that the dead were “vampirically” sapping the life force of surviving family members. Read the fascinating tale Food for the Dead: On the Trail of New England’s Vampires.
And stay tuned for some awesome gift ideas for all the history lovers in your life this holiday season!